Friday, March 17, 2017

Armets and Arquebuses

I got these two books awhile back, and I finally got around to reading them. And I'm afraid I've succumbed to yet another historical period. The 16th-Century Italian Wars sucked me in with its plumed French Gendarmes, blocks of Swiss Pikes, and colorfully-clad Landsknechts. It's that weird place in time that is both medieval and modern. A place were knight in full plate armor existed along side black powder firearms.


So, of course, I did what any gamer would do. I went out and purchased a bunch of new figures. I went with Red Box 1/72 as they have an incredibly wide selection of 16th-Century troops, and, as with all plastic 1/72 figures, they are reasonable priced (so I can justify to myself starting a completely new historical period). Stay tuned.






No comments:

Post a Comment